Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to School

I know I already said that the twins went back to school. How excited all of us were. That excitement still continues to this day. Unfortunately my procrastinations put off me finding my camera by the first day of school, so I don't have the "I'm a good mom" pictures. You see, this is the second year that the boys have gone to school and I haven't gotten a first day picture either first day. I have one from the second day last year and today I was able to snag one before they ran to the bus....this is day 5. Way to go Mom, I know.
Little brother with the cheesy smile for the win!

The only way to keep Hunter from driving me crazy today was by telling him that we will be going to the park when they get home from school. One problem.... In my quest to get him to listen I completely forgot that it will be well over 100 degrees today, 106 to be exact. Any temperature over 95 makes the equipment (not to mention the ground) way too hot for Tanner. When we go to the park or any fun play areas Tanner crawls around and does his own thing. His wheelchair is primarily for school and when we go out, he will walk one day, so his time in his chair is limited to work his leg muscles. Anyways, it will be entirely too hot to play at the park today, so without meaning to, I lied to my 4 year old. So now I find myself scouring the Internet looking for a fun activity for inside that Hunter will stick with longer than 2 seconds.

Ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Carley. This is Ellen from Love That Max. You haven't responded to any of the five or six emails I've sent you, and so I thought I'd try to reach out here. I am wondering if the emails are going to spam, for some reason? Because I can't imagine that you would volunteer to test a toy for my toy guide for special needs, get the toy, and then not respond! Please email me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did reply to your e-mail. I never received a toy because I had my internet shut off, same reason replying to your e-mails was not an option. I'm sorry that it was such a pain, not knowing what was going on.

    ReplyDelete